Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Infamous Movie Reviews: The Last Airbender


 Hello again, I decided to have a better post. Another INFAMOUS MOVIE REVIEW!

*WARNING: POTENTIAL RANTING*

 Tonight, I discuss the movie, The Last Airbender. In the beginning, when I heard about it, I was hopeful when they said M. Night Shyamalan was a fan of the series. I mean, he said he was, so what could go wrong? Really?

 Turns out, a lot. As one TV Tropes Troper put it:
"Supposedly M. Night Shyamalan approached the people behind Avatar to create a live action movie because he was such a huge fan of the show. Based on the outcome, however, you could be forgiven for thinking he had a seething hatred for it."
 Now before I begin, I'm not gonna address that "controversy". The movie probably would've stunk even if it had the "proper races".

 Okay, let's move on, and ignore my "possible controversy in the making up there", m'kay? We'll do this in a reverse order from my X-Men Origins review.

THE BAD:

-Changing how Firebending works. I mean, Firebending NEEDING A FIRE SOURCE? WHAT IS THAT MADNESS!? THAT'S. NOT. HOW. IT. WORKS.

- The whole "The Avatar can't have a family" thing. I mean, COME ON! THAT'S NOT PART OF THE AVATAR THING! In fact, if it weren't for AVATAR Roku HAVING A FAMILY, Zuko WOULD NEVER HAD EXISTED! *MIND BOMB*!

- That they seemed to try and cram too much in one movie.

- They dropped out a lot.

- All the mispronunciations of the names. I mean, COME ON!

- NO KOIZILLA! THAT WAS AWESOME! THAT JUST WOULD'VE BEEN THE AWESOMEST SFX EVAH! THAT WOULD HAVE MADE IT ALL WORTH IT TO SEE LIVE-ACTION AND CGI KOIZILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-The "Pebble Dance" is... really lame.


THE NEUTRAL:

-Changing the time Sozin's Comet comes. Incorrect? Yes. Necessary for a potential sequel (OH LORD NO) to have believable ages? *groan* Yes.....

THE GOOD:

- At least Iroh's awesomeness is enhanced by the "Firebenders Need Fire" Thing. He can bend without a fire source, and it is glorious.

-Well, Shyamalan DID fit in an impressive amount of stuff. Though, again, it dropped out/crammed a bit.

-That's it...

 So yeah, it stunk. If Shama-Llama-Ding-Dong tries to make a sequel, all I can say is Toph had BETTER be awesome. Who knows? Maybe "The Pebble Dance" will make Toph even cooler in comparison.

 Then again, I was optimistic about this movie.....

  I also entertain the idea that if Jesse McCartney had gotten to be in this, he would have somehow magically improved the movie. Like, he would have been all: "M-Dawg! This movie be trippin'! Fix it!" And M. Night would've have agreed, 'cause Jesse has a Keyblade. And connections. And is gangsta.

 Overall, this is not good. So I must subject my best friend to watching it so she can feel my pain. >;P.

No comments:

Post a Comment