Monday, November 14, 2011

Infamous Movie Reviews: X-Men Origins: Wolverine


  Okay, as promised, I'm doing reviews on movies with "bad reps". Tonight, I'll review X-Men Origins: Wolverine. To be honest, I didn't totally hate the movie. It was entertaining. Lemme break it down:

 WHAT I LIKED

- I admit it, I liked the Wolverine and Sabertooth being brothers twist the movie had. I'm fine with them not being relatives, don't get me wrong. But I thought the two being brothers was a cool idea. I prefer it more then them being father and son (*cough*X-Men Forever*cough*). Sorry, Chris Claremont and X-Men Forever fans, but that's too "Luke I am your father" for my tastes. Sorry. But I gotta give the edge to Fox...

And the edge goes to Fox....
 - I gotta admit, Sabretooth looks pretty fly in this movie.

Heeeeeere's Victor!
 -Say what you would like about the casting of Ryan Reynolds (a "pretty boy") as Deadpool (who's disfigured in the comics), but he played Deadpool pretty darn good! You know, in the 11 minutes he was Deadpool/Wade Wilson...

THE NEUTRAL PARTS:

- The changing of Agent Zero (AKA "Maverick") and Sliverfox. I don't know these characters well, so I hold no loyalties. I'm indifferent.

- The plot holes it has with X-Men: First Class. First Class wasn't out yet, so I'll let that slide. Besides, I've read some nice hand waves people came up with. Besides, I rarely care about plot holes...

- Cyclops and Emma Frost being in here. They really brought nothing to the plot. You could of had the movie without them. There's not much to complain about. At least they weren't annoying.... (Sorry, Anti-Cyclops and Anti-Emma. Though I'll ease up on Cyke a little 'cause he's been voiced by the dude who voices Luxord (yes, that redeems him a little).)

DISLIKED:

-Weapon XI/"Barakapool". WHY!? WHY DID MARVEL LET THAT HAPPEN!? THAT WAS HORRIBLE TO DO TO DEADPOOL! At least RR wasn't playing him at that point. Please, let him do awesome in Deadpool's movie and make us forget that!


OVERALL:

It was an entertaining movie. I liked it. Disliked the "Barakapool" thing, but it was still an entertaining movie.


 That's all I got for now! Click back next time for either The Lightning Thief or The Last Airbender. Or something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment