Monday, August 20, 2012

Thoughts On Two Trailers


  So, like I said in my other post today, I went to the movies and saw some trailers. There are two trailers I feel like talking about.

 First, Rise of the Guardians.

  Yeah, the concept (when I saw the first trailer) seemed weird to me. I mean, Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, The Sandman, The Easter Bunny, and Jack Frost face off against The Bogeyman. What. But then I realized something.

  Hugh "Wolverine" Jackman is playing the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny. (Granted, a tough one...) That is so bizarrely freakin' awesome!

  And Jude "Dr. Watson" Law is playing THE FREAKIN' BOGEYMAN! And he sounds fantastic as a villian so far! The freakin' awesome has been doubled!

  ...I think I might just watch this movie, now. Just for these two.

  And the other trailer I felt like talking about is the one for Chasing Mavericks. It's not so much because it's the type of movie I'd see (I don't go out for those sports-related/based on a true story/"the inspiring tale of..."-type flicks.). Heck, I read up on it's protagonist, and now I know how it'll end (*SPOILER* He falls from the wave, but lives.). No...

  What caught my attention was in the beginning, it shows a classroom, and the teacher's calling out, "Moriarty? Moriarty?" It got my attention.

 So I'm naively thinking: "Oh!  What could this be? "Sherlock Origins: Moriarty?" Starring Andrew Scott and some younger actors as Jim Moriarty? Written by Moffat, Gatiss, and Thompson?"

  ...Of course not! It's about surfer Jay Moriarty.

...

  ...Dang it.

  To be honest, that sounds like an awesome idea. Seeing how young Jim Moriarty became the consulting criminal we know on Sherlock. Hmm...

  Well, if you'll excuse me, I suddenly have a movie/miniseries pitch to write and some contact information to find...

No comments:

Post a Comment