Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy (Late) Birthday Benedict Cumberbatch


 Okay, I KNOW I should've written this YESTERDAY, but I've had writer's block. (>:( Bad Freak! That's no excuse! You call yourself a Cumberbatch fan? *smacks self*) But better late then never, right?
Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch (Born July 18th, 1976)

  Yes, yesterday, July 18th, was Benedict Cumberbatch's birthday. I am a big fan of him, as is probably apparent (he is one of the only three people (excluding myself) to have their own label for my blog). And now, time for some gushing.

   I adore this man. He is brilliant in his role as Sherlock Holmes in BBC's Sherlock. And I'm really glad he's getting more recognition in Hollywood. He's part of the reason I want to see The Hobbit (BESIDES Martin Freeman and childhood memories). I want to see Star Trek (a franchise I have little interest in) because he's in the sequel. Heck, I'm even going to watch War Horse (not my typical choice of movie) since he's in that, too (along with Tom Hiddleston, but I digress). Guess you could say he's inadvertently broadening my horizons for movie-viewing. ;)

   But it's not just the roles he's played that make me adore him so. Everything I've read about him and the pictures and videos I've seen if him make me think he's a wonderful person. I haven't heard a negative thing about him yet. He seems like he's very sweet guy. He can be pretty funny, and I've heard he's very intelligent, as well. Plus, he's modest. He's the type of person I want to know. That I want to be friends with.

  Anyway, happy (late) birthday, Mr. Cumberbatch. If for some reason, you're reading this (and even if you're not) I sincerely hope you had a fantastic birthday, sir. <3

  :) That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment