Sunday, May 6, 2012

Things I Would Pay/Kill A Man To See: Christopher Eccleston Come Back For A Multi-Doctor Story


  I love Doctor Who. It's a fantastic show. It and Sherlock are my two favorite TV shows right now, and I really enjoy it.

  So far, The Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) is my favorite. Wait, wait, hear me out, Ten and Eleven fans! Don't get me wrong, I like Ten and Eleven, but Nine has a special place in my heart right now. You see, he was my first Doctor.

  At first, I wasn't so fond of Nine, he was alright, but very rough around the edges. Then came "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances". Those are my personal favorite episodes. Why? Well, there was the fact Moffat wrote it, Captain Jack Harkness made his debut...

  ...And Nine was just so happy at the end:
"Everybody lives, Rose. Just this once! Everybody Lives!"
  That, and the fantastic smiles, were what finally, completely sold me on the show. I continued to enjoy the series/season after that.

  Then, there was his tragic "death" (regeneration, whatever) at the finale:
"....You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I..."
    It's very sad to me that he didn't get at least another series. I mean, he seemed to be finally be fully adjusting from the Time War (in a way), and then, FWWOOOOM! New Doctor: "Now where was I? Oh yeah, Barcelona..." (Not that I dislike Ten. I liked him, too. I just didn't like what happened to him towards the end (Specifically, his behavior at the end of "The Waters of Mars" special, that disappointed me), poor guy went through a lot, too.)

  (There's also the fact Jack only got a few companion episodes, but that's another post...)

  I would love it if Nine got to have another appearance. Like, for example, in the 50th Anniversary Special, or a multi-Doctor story (a la "The Three Doctors" or "The Five Doctors"). I would like to see his reaction to his regenerations. It would most likely have to be a pre-"Rose" Nine, if they did a multi-doctor story, since I think it would cause all sorts of timey-wimey, plot-holey, continuity issues.

  Honestly, I think Eccleston should get one last hurrah as The Doctor. After all, I feel we barely got to know him during his brief tenure.

  Anyone else want to see a reappearance of Christopher Eccleston's Doctor for a multi-Doctor story?

No comments:

Post a Comment