Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Get To The Point!


  One thing that drives me crazy when I'm reading a book is when they take forever to reveal something I already know will happen. I'm not talking like "SPOILER: ________ DIES AT THE END! OMG!" No, I mean like when they TELL YOU ON THE BACK WHAT HAPPENS AND THEY TAKE FOREVER!

 Take for example, Twilight. Here's what it says ON THE BACK! And I quote:

About three things I was absolutely positive:
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him–and I didn’t know how dominant that part might be–that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.

 Okay, everyone read that, right? Now, I read Twilight out of curiousity. Got through 100 pages, and there was no mention of Mr. McSparklypants's Vampireness.

 Now I think when you SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ON THE BACK, you should GET TO IT FAIRLY QUICK! Seriously.

  Well, gotta go work on my CAPS LOCK ABUSE! Bye!

2 comments:

  1. I feel that way about movie trailers too. They give you so much of the good stuff in the commercials there isn't much to reveal in the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I don't mind surprise twists, just not telling what happens and taking FOREVER TO GET TO THAT!

    ReplyDelete