Saturday, May 4, 2013

Loveable Freak Reviews Elementary: Episode 21- "A Landmark Story"


  Yeah... Sorry this was so late, guys. You see, Thursday, I was having trouble with my signal as far as CBS was concerned, so I missed a lot of what was happening early on, and I was having a bad day already, so by the time I got it back I just ragequit and watched what was left of Hannibal instead. And Friday was chaos, sooo....

  ...Buuuuut I found it online for free (a lot of the stuff I watch now I can't watch for free, so I forgot about the Internet being an option), so I'm gonna postpone my "Marvel May" Review project and watch and review while I got some peace before more chaos ensues in my life. (One word: visitors. I'm gonna be so off this week...)

  So, let's get to "A Landmark Story", and see if it lives up to its title...

  Okay, I can't help it, I feel I need to talk about spoilers for this episode. River gif, you know what to do...



  Moran calls Millerlock into prison to tip him off to the latest crime involving Moriarty. Then he kills a guard. (Oh, I've missed you, you psychopathic Natural Born Killer...)


This sets our duo on the trail of a serial killer named Daniel Gottlieb, who is talented at killing people in ways that seem like an accident. Recently, he's been killing people involved with a vote on a Speakeasy/Prohibition museum's status as a landmark...


   He's captured by our duo, and leads Millerlock not to the Napoleon of Crime, but to another of Moriarty's employees, John Douglas. (Who is promptly killed.) The episode ends with Millerlock closer to Moriarty, and me feeling sad for reasons I'll get to later...

  Alright, I really liked this episode! I mean, come on, it had Moran, for starters! And it brought back the Moriarty plot, which I've missed with the mostly episodic, filler-y episodes we've had since "M". And the story was pretty good, too. And, while we never see the real Moriarty, we at least get to hear him. And he sounds awesome, but right now I'm mad at/kinda hating him at the same time, after... I'll... get to that later...

  I really dug our serial killer, Daniel Gottlieb. (You can tell, seeing as he's one of the few antagonists I've bothered to remember the name of...) He was clever, as were his murders. I enjoyed them a little too much in that regard. He's been added to my list of favorite antagonists for the show, around the "Snow Angels" thieves.

  John Douglas was killed shortly after he was introduced and revealed to NOT be Moriarty (a "Feaux-iarty"), so I have few thoughts on him.

  Now, the big thing I was mentioned. The sad thing that left me mad at Moriarty.

  Okay, so at the end of the episode, Millerlock gets a coded text from Moriarty on Gottlieb's phone, and since Gottlieb couldn't translate the code, he takes it to Moran. Moran claims he doesn't know the code, but when Sherlock decodes it, he realizes it's a message for Moran, saying if he doesn't kill himself, he (Moriarty) will kill Moran's sister. (Aww, killers DO have loved ones...) We're treated to the lovely image of Moran bashing his head into the mirror of his cell.

  My literal reaction (besides whispering/shouting "NO!") in my notes was this:
 "Nooooo! Moran! Don't die! I love you! You're one of the few things I've to look forward to with this show! Moriarty might kill your sister, anyway! You can't trust him! YOU CAN'T TRUST HIM!!"
  Anyway, Millerlock calls Gregson to get him to stop the act, but Gregson informs him Moran's probably not going to make it through the night...



DOHERTY!!!!
   :( I'm not happy about this development... Goodnight, Sebastian Moran; and flights of Arsenals sing thee to thy rest. We hardly knew thee...

  Unless he lives somehow...

Final Thoughts:

-CBS Internet Viewer's annoying with excessive ads. Better to watch on TV in that regard. So, watch instant whenever with millions of ads, or watch when it airs and get ads out of the way on breaks? Well played, CBS... T_T

- Favorite scenes were the dissection scene (though seeing the insides was gross), the straightjacket scene, the interigation scene, the Taser scene, Moran's early sc... Okay, pretty much everything I liked. Watch it.

-Oh, and I loved Millerlock saying Joan was the reason he wasn't going be like he was in "M" with Moriarty and Co. this time.

-You know, Gregson, Millerlock could've potentially used the Legos for torturing Douglas by making him step on them... ;P

-Elementary kills everyone I love that's from canon... They're worse than Moffat. ... ...
Wait a minute...
  RUN, JOANNIE! RUN BEFORE THEY GET YOU, TOO!! >_<
 
- Never heard the end credits song until today. I like it...
 
  Overall, another one of the elusive "good throughout" episodes. I really liked it! Now, three more episodes to go, and two nights of this show left! It can't be that hard to keep goodness up now, can it? We got more Moriarty plot and Irene coming up! YAY OPTIMISM!
 
  (Next post: hopefully I kick off my Marvel May Reviews...)

2 comments:

  1. Let's hope both Murray and Vinnie are back as Moriarty and Moran.

    B2B.

    ReplyDelete