Friday, March 15, 2013

Loveable Freak Reviews Elementary- Episode 18 "Deja Vu All Over Again"


... 

...It's only like late 2013/2014 until Sherlock returns... Right?

Right?

  Okay. So here's the story for this week's Elementary. So, a woman disappears six months ago after another woman is shoved into an incoming subway train. As the missing woman's an employee of his, Sherlock's dad cashes in his son's favor he owes him (knew that was coming back) and gives him the case. Sherlock sees this as the perfect opportunity to let Joan try and solve a case on her own (well, officially...). So they split up, Sherlock investigating the subway pusher and Joan investigating the missing woman.  And we see how Joan's social life's been utterly damaged by Millerlock and how her friends doubt she's fine...

  Okay, this episode was obviously focused on Joan. So I have one question...

 
  HOW WAS THIS NOT ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES EVER!?

  Seriously, I mean, I was looking forward to this one! It's no secret Joan Watson is the only character on here I can say with certainty I fully like and care about. An episode focused on her should be awesome! But noooooo... The episode, as usual, was flat. I was expecting more. Which is weird that I even expect more from this show at this point...

 I feel like there's really not much to talk about here! There wasn't much humor or impressiveness. Well, except for the end, I'll give it that. And the twist was alright. Not a brilliant, jaw-dropper, but still a better twist than "Dirty Laundry" (*twitch*).

  And we got to see Alfredo, Sherlock's sobriety sponsor guy, again. But he, like every other character, was underused. It was more like, "Yup, he's still exists, doing sobriety sponsor stuff with Sherlock, we assure you!" So, yeah, not cool...

  There was also this scene where Millerlock has Joan text the potential murderer of the missing woman. Once again, I feel Sherlock's "A Study in Pink" deja vu all over again. Please, quit reminding me of the Modernlock I like... You're not helping the "we're not a rip-off" case.

  Millerlock was... Millerlock. He snark fell flat. And for an episode about Joan, she didn't seem to shine as much as I felt she should have.

  Ugh... Let's just get to last-minute thoughts:
  • I kinda liked Millerlock's pep talk, and the end of the episode, I guess... Oh, and Joan pointing out how odd Sherlock's name is in a flashback. And maybe the "You don't know I play violin?" exchange. I guess... Uh...
  • There was a shout-out to A Study in Scarlet (I messed up which story it was when I originally posted. But hey, I was close. It was an early one... Apologies...), where Millerlock bemoans the lost art of tracing footsteps. (Again, reminding me of the Holmes works I could've been reading and/or watching instead...)
  • Millerlock... That.... face metaphor... Why? It's that sort of stuff that which reminds me why you're my least favorite of the three current Sherlocks.
  • ...
  I think the best way to describe this episode is forgettable. (Thank goodness I took notes...) Seriously, it's flat as usual. Why do I bother expecting more from this show? And I think that once again, we're going to have a wait to finish this up. It's so annoying! While, yes, the hiatus for Sherlock season 3 is wearing on my sanity a little, I'd rather wait years for a high-quality show than a week for a mediocre one.

  Well, let's look at the bright side. Benedict confirmed there will be a fourth season (which will no doubt be worth the eventual wait for that)...


 


  And I realized, the show was picked up for 24 episodes. This is the 18th. There's only six more episodes left! THERE'S ONLY SIX MORE EPISODES LEFT! THERE'S ONLY SIX MORE EPISODES LEFT!

   There's only six more episodes left...
The tears are now of joy...
  Whoo! I only have to put myself through this a little while longer. Hopefully, there will be less waiting for episodes. *laughs maniacally* There are only six episodes left...

2 comments:

  1. LOL at your last gif.

    Not sure if Elementary will ever improve, but atleast we have the season 3 of Sherlock coming up.

    B2B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Thanks! And to be honest, that fact's what's keeping me sane and optimistic...

      Delete