Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lame ZIM Halloween "Costumes"


 One of my pathological fears is that someday, someone will make really trampy INVADER ZIM costumes. I'm talking something like GIR's Doggy Suit with a short-french maid-eske skirt and a low neckline, or something like that. *shudders*

 Well, I've finally found some ACTUAL ZIM costumes via (where else?) Hot Topic, (as in, not cosplay), and while they're (thankfully) not naughty (but then again, they are are modeled for boys), they....... are kinda lame.

 Now you can enjoy them!

1. GIR KIT


So much effort put into this...
  Here's one of those "I'm too cool to wear a real costume" costumes. It's supposed to be partially GIR's Doggy Suit.

Yeah, this only really works if you wear a green shirt and black pants.


"GIR" in a snowstorm

 Here it is on the model.

 Sorry, it's fuzzy, but yeah, it's not fabulous. But, yeah, way to try!

2. MASKS

 Think a headband's too girly? Don't like zipper necklaces? Tail makes your butt look fat? No problem! Here's the answer to the laziness!



Deep down, he's crying....


 YES! You too can wear a lame mask! Suddenly, you're in a fantastic costume! Isn't it fabulous?

 But hey, you no-likey GIR? Have a friend you wants to match you in laziness? NO PROBLEM!


The hair and chin ruin the effect.
 IT COMES IN ZIM STYLE, TOO! ISN'T IT PEACHY?

 Yeah, see? Sooooooo lame. I dressed up as Human Disguise ZIM last year, and made my own eyes and painted my face. It looked better and showed more effort..... And didn't have my face ruin the "illusion"....

3. GIR'S DOGGIE SUIT-HOODIE-SACK COSTUME-THINGY!

 The last one I saw, ACTUALLY showed what resembled effort:
"IT'S NOT A DRESS, DUDES!"
 Not much, but "effort".
Yeah, it's still, kinda lame. And how much would YOU pay for this? $20? $10? That last sticky Lifesaver mint in your pocket that's covered in lint and a penny on the back? NO! 'CAUSE IT'S $50! *facepalms*

Uh, no. I'm not paying that much...

So that was my thoughts on the costumes I found. There was an overwhelming ONE actual ZIM "costume", and the rest were, surprise-surprise, GIR. I am not happy that Dib has been left out again. He NEVER gets his own merchandise and was a big part of the show? WHY HE NO GET A LAME, MILDLY CRAPPY "COSTUME" TOO? And no Gaz either for the girls?

 Wait, I just remembered my "trampy costumes" comment, maybe that's a blessing....

Anyway, I have a LOT more to say about lame/horrible Halloween Costumes, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment