Monday, September 24, 2012

I Just Remembered What I Dislike About Award Shows...


  So, last night I watched The Emmys. It was alright, not awesome. Anyway, I wait for two whole hours JUST to see if my boys Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman (oh, and the other people who work on Sherlock, and the show itself) were going to win an award. I knew they were nominated, I just wanted to see if they'd win. And oh boy, was I disappointed.

  ...They totally mispronounced ALL their names when they won! ;)

  *sigh* I wish that were so. No, none of the people nominated won. What the heck, Emmys? It didn't win anything last year, either. What, are you just prejudiced against Sherlock? Or are you just "nation-ist"? (Well, "nation-ist" against anything but Downton Abbey...) I mean, seriously! Seemed like everything but two of the winners were American stuff.

 I don't exactly know how submission works for these things, and I don't know if they were only allowed to send in one episode due to length. But, seriously, what difference should that make? It may have movie-length episodes, but it's still a TV series. Personally, I thought they shouldn't have gone with "A Scandal in Belgravia". I mean, the episode was alright (not my personal favorite), but I think the other two were better. Like, say, "The Reichenbach Fall". THAT was a good episode, especially when it came to Cumberbatch and Freeman's acting. I knew what was coming, and they still managed to punch me in the emotional gut!

  Seriously, I don't think it's fair that they lost in every category. I think they should have rated the series on a whole, not just one episode. I mean, there's an arc in the episodes. It just bugs me. Granted, I haven't seen the other shows that were nominated, but I'm not interested in them (like the whole "Sarah Palin" TV movie thing. I don't care about politics.). I dunno, I think they kinda got snubbed. And I feel bad they pretty much flew out there for nothing.

  *sigh* Well, there goes the adorable picture of Chibi!Benedict and Chibi!Martin playing with their Emmys, while Chibi!Andrew Scott was sad he couldn't play Emmys with them, and Martin going over to him and saying "It's okay, we can play BAFTAs later..." And Benedict being all, "I heard that!"

...You know. And stuff. Wow, I have too much free time.

 But I guess there's always the chance The Golden Globes will be  nice and give them a nomination this year (please). Though with my luck, they either won't be nominated or they won't win... (Boy, I'm optimistic, today!)

  Well, despite what The Emmys thinks; Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Steven Moffat, and all you other guys who just make this show great, you're all winners to me. And if me and the fans had our way, we'd be taking all the awards and giving them to you all.

 And I guess, in the end, that's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment