Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Things I Would Pay And/Or Kill A Man To See: Benedict Cumberbatch In A Marvel Movie


   Okay, here's my new "segment". Where I pretty much talk about stuff I want to see. (*gasp* Just like the title!)

  Okay, so I love Sherlock, no secret there, am I right? And that has made me a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch, the awesome man that plays him. For example, I admit I actually want to see The Hobbit because he's voicing Smaug. And I heard he's going to be in the next Star Trek movie, so I want to see that movie now, too. I'm not ashamed to fess up to that. Benedict's that awesome.

  Now, one thing that I often do with actors I like is try and think of how they could be in my other favorite things. It's hard to do for some people, though. *sigh* Poor Chris Colfer and Jesse McCartney, they have no roles in my hypothetical Marvel movies yet :(. But Benedict is someone I want to see in a Marvel movie, too. It's a little hard to come up with something for him, but I sort of did.

  I want him to play Doctor Strange.

  Here me out, first of all, that movie is on the table for Marvel, so there's a high possibility that can become a reality. I would be interested to see what he would do as the character. Cumberbatch's a good actor. I know that technically Doctor Strange is physically 40, and Cumberbatch does not look 40.  But there's some good make-up artists, and it would be cool to see him (Benedict) with gray hair at the temples. Or it could be younger Strange.

  Plus, think about it: if Benedict were a character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he could run into Iron Man/Tony Stark AKA Robert Downey Jr. And then, we would have TWO SHERLOCKS IN ONE MOVIE! SHERLOCK SQUARED! DOUBLE SHERLOCK, WHAT DOES IT MEAN!? THE UNIVERSE WOULD EXPLODE FROM THE AWESOME! And it'd be worth it...

  So, that's why I would love to see Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange. Who wants to start a campaign for that?

UPDATE: Just remembered, Cumberbatch has these super-cool eyes. I forget the term, but they change color in different conditions (like more lighting). So, he could, with the right lighting, have the green eyes Doctor Strange has. I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment