Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ramblin' 'Bout Sherlock (Oh, and Weekend Artwork #17)



   Okay, by "Tomorrow", I meant Sunday. My bad. Anyway, I totally love Sherlock. To sum it up for people who are unfamiliar with the show, it's a British television show that's literally a modern-day take on Sherlock Holmes. It's awesome. I finished season one, and I'm waiting to see Season Two on PBS (I heard they're showing it in the US there in their "Masterpiece Theater" or something).

  Anyway, I love this show, as I said before. Sherlock is now one of my favorite self-proclaimed high-functioning sociopaths. I am also now a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch. And I gotta admit, the show's version of Moriarty has grown on me. At first, I was like, "Eh, I'm not so sure.." then shortly after finishing "The Great Game" I decided he was alright with me, and I liked him more than Game of Shadows!Moriarty. Sherlock!Moriarty has more charisma.

  Oh, I'm distinguishing the movies and the show mentally by referring to the movies!Holmes and Watson by... calling them "Holmes and Watson". Show!Holmes and Watson are "Sherlock and John" to me, as they are referred to in-show.

  I think I'm starting the metamorphosis into a full-fledged Sherlockian, because I always internally giggle when I hear someone say/I feel bored. Because I think of Sherlock, who gets bored when he doesn't have something like a murder to solve. And this show (along with the Sherlock Holmes movies with my beloved Robert Downey Jr.) is really making me want to read the original books. Plus, it (and Doctor Who, which I recently started watching as well) is helping make me more cultured. I now know a "jumper" is a British term for a sweater! :D

  Anyway, I've been obsessed with the show lately, and I drew some fanarts of the show. This was my favorite, and I thought, "Hey! Let's bring back Weekend Artwork!". So, I posted the AMAZINGNESS that is SHERLOCK AND JOHN DRESSED AS PHINEAS AND FERB!! BEHOLD, MORTALS!

Yes, Skull is the equivalent of Perry in this picture...
 Well, there you go! I feel the need to remind everyone that IF for some reason you want  to use my artwork, please ask me first in the comments. I would prefer it if you asked permission first. Just a request.

 Anyway, there's my ramblin' 'bout Sherlock.



I now return you to your regularly scheduled life.

No comments:

Post a Comment